Boston University School of Law, LL.M.,
Southern Methodist University, J.D.
Middlebury College, B.A.,
Professional & Community Involvement
Member, Professional Advisory Council, Rhode Island Foundation
Palm Beach County Literacy Coalition,
Past President & Past Member
Palm Beach County Cultural Council,
On A More Personal Note
Dana enjoys reading (especially history and biography), classic film, classical music, photography and hiking with his wife, Attorney Joyce Elden.
Dana has advised individuals on estate & trust planning for 30 years, including 25 in Florida. He counsels on all aspects of wealth transfer by lifetime gift and death-time bequest. In addition Dana also focuses on:
- Advising residents of high-tax states on changing residency to Florida
- Planning and administering multi-state estates and trusts
- Charitable planning
- Estate planning with substantial retirement benefits
- Advising on Florida Spousal Elective Share rights
- Planning with Florida homesteads
Dana was raised in Rhode Island. After law school he worked in the trust division of a Providence bank. Prior to joining his colleagues at HEK, Dana practiced with the law firm of Edwards Wildman Palmer LLC (now Locke Lord) for 30 years.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PUBLICATIONS
- “The Fiduciary’s Standard of Care in the Enforcement, Contest or Compromise in Claims in Favor or Against the Estate,
ABA Real Property , Probate and Trust Journal, Spring 1995
- Edwards & Angell Client Advisory - What’s Your Bequest Motive?, September, 2004.